Aging Perspectives photography contest
Contest ended December 13th 2017
What are we looking for?
Photos that illustrate:
- Senior Subjects - Perspectives on aging in front of a camera. and/or
- Senior Photographers - Perspectives on aging behind the camera in the Arrowhead region of Minnesota.
Who can enter?
- Senior Subjects - The contest is open to photographers from anywhere in the United States, of any age, but subjects must be from the Arrowhead region and/or
- Senior Photographers - The contest is open to photographers over the age of 60 that reside in the Arrowhead region of Minnesota (Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis counties).
How many photos can you enter?
You may enter no more than three (3) photographs in each category.
The Arrowhead Area Agency on Aging will award (2) first place winners plus 5 honorable mention winners in each category. Each first place winning applicant will receive a $100 gift card to Photo Express and photos will be recognized and displayed on arrowheadaging.org.
- The First Place Winners (2) will receive (1) $100 gift card to Photo Express plus their photo featured on the Arrowhead Area Agency on Aging (@arrowheadaaa) Facebook page, arrowheadaging.org website and the winter edition of the Aging Connection..
- Five (5) Honorable Mention Winners will also be announced in each category and will be featured on the Arrowhead Area Agency on Agings' Facebook page, arrowheadaging.org website and the winter edition of the Aging Connection.
Submissions may be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (only one attachment per email, please). Images must be smaller than 10 MB in file size; larger files may bounce back.
Please submit one image per email (maximum of 6 entries per person), including complete contact and entry information:
Category (Senior Photographers or Senior Subjects)
Location (City, County)
Submission number (e.g. 1 of 3)
Include your name in the filename for each photo.
Photo entries containing recognizable people must be accompanied by a signed release form.
If you need help uploading or sending your images, contact us at email@example.com.
Finalists in each category will be determined by “likes” on Arrowhead Area Agency on Aging Facebook page. Winners will be selected by the Arrowhead Regional Development Commission Advisory Committee on Aging.
Winners will be announced December 18th via email and Facebook.