Due to the unprecedented Medicare changes happening in Minnesota, call volume to the Senior LinkAge Line is expected to be much higher than normal during open enrollment. To help meet this demand, the Senior LinkAge Line has increased staff and expanded its hours to 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday. Even with these changes, wait times are anticipated to be longer than normal. To help manage the volume and ensure beneficiaries and caregivers get help, we offer these tips:
• Call 1-800-Medicare for assistance. They are ready to help with the Cost Plan transition.
• Call a trusted insurance agent or broker for help reviewing options and choosing a new plan or purchasing a policy.
• Those with Internet access can use the www.Medicare.gov Plan Finder to review options and actually enroll in a plan.
• Call the different plans to get information about their provider participation and preferred pharmacy network. The plans can also assist beneficiaries with enrollment.
• Before calling the Senior LinkAge Line, a plan or insurance agent, prepare a complete list of prescription drugs and dosages. This will allow them to better assist with reviewing options.
• When calling the Senior LinkAge Line for help with Medicare, press 2 to be routed to a Medicare specialist.
Thank you for your patience, as we do our best to help Minnesota Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers make these important decisions for 2019